Friday, March 20, 2009

SEAFOOD & CHORIZO SOUP

So I've been craving a seafood soup with CHORIZO!
I love chorizo and I love seafood!
I had crab, jumbo shrimp and some salmon in my freezer
and I found some YUMMY YUMMY chorizo at the store the
other day so I decided to improvise! ;)


VOILA!




1. This is for the homemade a-la-ME stock!
Shrimp shells
Crab
2 Tomatoes cut in quarters
1 Onion cut in quarters
2 Stalks of Celery cut in med. sized chunks
and any fresh seasonings you might like
Cilantro and such
Add your salt, pepper, and other seasonings here :D
I boiled that for a good 30 min.


oh yeah I almost forgot!!
I added Orange peel and lemon zest :D
yummmmm






Poor Orange....poor Lemon all naked :(







My salmon cut in bite sized chunks...
mmmmmmmmmmmm....







My yummy yummy shrimp!








The crab claws and legs! mmmmm!!!!






I cut some baguettes lengthwise and added some
lemon garlic spread :D then i put it in the broiler
until everything melted and was nice and toast-like







I fried up some chorizo in a non stick pan
(no oil needed since the chorizo itself throws off fat)







Then drained off the stock into a new pot.
The crab legs were at the bottom so that when the stock was
being drained it would start cooking. Then i folded in my
shrimp and salmon ;)









Then i decided to add some yummy mushrooms
because mushrooms rock!






TADA!
It was DELISH!!

When you serve it add a peice of the toasted garlic bread
on the bottom then serve your soup on top!
The garlic spreads out throught the soup and gives it a little
extra something! ;)


I hope you all enjoyed!
MANGIA!

1 comment: